Youth Programs and Activities
The Avon Recreation Department offers many different programs and activities for your children. Our youth programming division offers programs for after school and during school breaks. Parents must complete a Youth Activity Waiver for participants under 18 years of age.
In addition, we have offer swim lessons for all ages. The offerings include private and semi-private swim lessons, baby and parent swim lessons, group swim lessons, as well as a competitive swim team. Please call the Rec Center to obtain more information and to register.
- School's Out Camp: If you're looking for something fun to entertain your kids on the 25+ days of school vacation throughout the school year, School's Out Camp is your answer! The days will be filled with games, crafts, swimming, bouldering, adventures and more!
- After School Program: The Avon Recreation Center offers and After School Program for students aged 5-11 at Avon Elementary and Homestake Peak School every Monday thru Friday throughout the school year! Participating students will have time to finish homework or projects and enjoy a healthy snack every afternoon, and transportation is provided as part of the program. Every Friday, students will have the opportunity to swim at the Avon Recreation aquatics facility before enjoying an afternoon movie. Registration for the 2017-18 school year is now open.
- Avon Elementary School Mighty Mites Basketball Camp: The Avon Recreation Department is kicking off another of its Mighty Mites Basketball Clinic for 2nd through 5th graders. The six week long clinic offers youth participants the opportunity to learn and practice basketball skills under the guidance of community volunteers including the Battle Mountain High School Basketball team, led by Coach Phil Tronsrue. Tuesdays, 4:30-5:30 pm. April 3-May 15. Please wear athletic clothing.
- Edwards Elementary School Mighty Mites Basketball Camp: The Avon Recreation Department is kicking off another of its Mighty Mites Basketball Clinic for 2nd through 5th graders. The six week long clinic offers youth participants the opportunity to learn and practice basketball skills under the guidance of community volunteers including the Battle Mountain High School Basketball team, led by Coach Phil Tronsrue. Wednesdays, 4:30-5:30pm. April 4-May 16.Please wear athletic clothing.
- Summer Junior Tennis Program presented by Cliff Drysdale Tennis: Cliff Drysdale Tennis specializes in tennis program development, daily tennis operations and tennis management for resorts, hotels and private tennis clubs; design and construction consultation for companies interested in building world-class tennis facilities and unrivaled tennis educational programs, clinics and retreats. Tennis centers with a Cliff Drysdale Tennis team have a commitment to world-class tennis and exceptional service for its members and guests.
- Summer Scurry: This new event promises to be super fun and super free. Bring your little (ages 5-8) on over to the historic Nottingham Cabin and enter them into the Summer Scurry while you prep yourself for the 14th annual Dunk-N-Dash Race Series. Participants will navigate their way around the NEW Nottingham Park playground and field first on foot and then by bike as there compete for a personal best time of the summer on our 1.5K course. All participants will be entered to win some great raffle prizes. No Striders please, as the course will not be marshalled.
- For tax purposes, the ARC's Tax ID is 84-0771088.